Thursday, January 1, 2009

What a Year!

Happy New Year everyone! We pray that God will bring you all many blessings in 2009! We decided to stay home and celebrate as a family this year. Our celebration, however, happened at about 7:15pm, instead of midnight. Liam was exhausted. We tried to keep him up, but it did not work. So right before his bedtime bottle, we got out our noise makers and wished each other a happy new year.


Deron & I cooked up some hamburgers and sweet potato fries and just watched Anderson Coopers New Years coverage. After 12am hit in NY, I was off to bed at about 9pm after being up since 4am, and waking up twice during the night with Liam. Midnight would not see my little face. And I think Deron got to bed around 11pm.We had a fun, quiet little night by ourselves.

This year has been quite eventful. We welcomed our little Liam into the world in the beginning of the year, and everything has been challenging, interesting and fun since. We have experienced some up and downs but God has pulled us through it all. We can only look to Him for our future. As for resolutions... I know that this is a cliche because everyone says this, but I really do want to loose some of this baby weight! This is something that I have really struggled with physically and emotionally over this past year, so I am going to be determined to stick to this resolution unlike many others that have not worked!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy New Year guys! I wish you all the best in 2009!