Friday, January 30, 2009

Sick Baby Update!

Well it has definitely been a trying week. Let's start from the beginning. On Sunday, Liam's diarrhea started. It wasn't too bad, it was controllable. He also threw up on Sunday. All Over... Monday he had diarrhea again, and went through 3 outfits at the day care. Oh, and he also threw up over there. Tuesday, just diarrhea, Wednesday, diarrhea, but would drink any milk while at day care. Wednesday night he actually ate a little more than he has been eating. We gave him a bath, gave him a bottle, then he rolled over on top of me and threw up. Lovely! So we gave him another bath, and then he went to sleep. Today, just some diarrhea. I tried calling Kaiser a couple times this week, but one time there were 51 people ahead of me waiting to talk to a nurse, and the second time I was number 63 in line. I called the doctor today and she said it sounds like he has the stomach flu. She told me to take him off his amoxicillian (Thank you) for a little while to see if that helps. We are hoping that being off the meds helps. He puts up a fight every time we try. Sorry for all the poopy talk... but that is what my week as been full of, and it comes with the territory now!

1 comment:

krista said...

If he has the flu, you should take him off of milk and use formula until he is getting better...that will help his tummy. I am so sorry that he is so sick...it is truly no fun :(