Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Argh!

When Liam was born, I was on Paid Family Leave from the state. Well, I have been wondering for about a week now when and if I would be getting a W2 from them so I can do our taxes. Since they are only open while I am at work, I had to make the call from there, and this is how an hour and 11 minutes of my time went!

-Called Disability... on hold for 10 minutes, then I was told that there were too many people on hold, and I had to call back later.

-Called the Tax Department... on hold for 32 minutes. I didn't want to hang up because I was afraid of losing my place in line. When I talked a tax representative, she informed me that I had to call Paid Family Leave, so she put me through to them.

-After another 15 minutes of waiting, come to find out, she transfered me back to disability, and they said I had to call Paid Family Leave.

-Called Paid Family Leave, was on hold for 14 minutes. The representative told me I was getting a 1099G mailed to me. When asked what I am supposed to do with that (because I have never had to do this before...) he said well I would assume that you have to mail it in when you do your taxes!

I just don't understand why no one knows what is going on, let alone the tax department people! This is why I do not like the EDD!

No comments: