Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Officer, I did what?

So I got a citation today. This is my first citation in 11 years. The first one I got when I was 16 and had had my license for about 2 weeks. It was for tailgating. I have also been pulled over because I had my front windows tinted on my bug that I drove years ago. Well, today I had to take Brittany to the Loma Linda Dental School to get something fixed on her braces, and on our way back to her school, we were going to stop at Baker's on the corner of Anderson & Redlands Blvd. The traffic was horrible, and as we were going through the Anderson/Redlands Blvd intersection, the traffic stopped, and we were stuck halfway out in the intersection. There were Sheriffs on the corner, and they walked out and asked myself and 3 other cars to pull into the Baker's parking lot. There they gave us all tickets for blocking the intersection. There apparently was some "sting" operation going on that day, and they were ticketing people blocking the intersections, and people who were not wearing seat belts. I was really irritated. Mainly because I wouldn't have driven through the intersection if I thought the car in front of me was stopping. They stopped abruptly, due to the traffic, and I really had no where else to go. That's just life I suppose. And here continues my streak of getting tickets for weird things. I don't get them for speeding, or driving recklessly. I get them for tailgating, have tint on my front windows, and blocking an intersection. Now I just have to wait for my ticket to process so I can pay for it, and take traffic school! What a way to spend a day off!

2 comments:

krista said...

bummer....ben got a ticket in SD for the same thing quite a few years ago. it sucks :/

Lisa said...

that stinks...hopefully it won't cost too much.