Sunday, May 11, 2008

My 1st Mothers Day!

I was so excited for this day. When I got up, I got cards and flowers from my boys. Deron had to work today, so we didn't get to spend all of it together. Liam and I went to church with my family, then back to their house to spend some time together. Then it was off to Grandpa & Grandma McCandless for a visit. We met Daddy there, then went to the Macaroni Grill for dinner with my family. It was nice to spend some time with the family.




On a sad note, yesterday my parents had to put down our dog Penny. She had been sick all week, and was not doing well. When they took her to the vet, she had a large, hard mass in her stomach area. It was really sad. We have had her for a long time. Then today, our other dog Heidi had to be taken to the vet as well. She has lost her hearing and she has some hip problems, but everything seemed to get worse last night after Penny was put down. She went outside to go to the bathroom, and on her way back in she just layed down, and couldn't move anymore. Plus, she is bleeding from a growth that she has. She seems so depressed. So as of right now, my Dad is on the way to the vet with Heidi to see what is going on. It's been a sad couple of days for our family. We've had both of these dogs for a long time, it's sad to see them go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christy,

So sad to hear about your dogs, that's really hard!

On another note, my boys took me to Macaroni Grill as well...is this a family thing?!?!?!

Glad you had a great 1st Mother's Day!

bridget