Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Welcome to the Family Brendan!

We welcomed Brendan into the world on Friday December 17th at 7:20pm. After 2 hours of sitting in a waiting room, and almost 2 hours of prep, we were finally able to hold our little man! He was 8.4lbs and 19 1/4" long. A little smaller than his brother, but he was also 2 weeks earlier. Brendan also looks a lot like Liam, it just amazes me. I had a scheduled c-section, that has so far been good. It is definitely more difficult this time to heal because of Liam. I cannot lift anything more than 15 pounds for 2 weeks, and that includes Liam. We were able to come home a little earlier than usual and got home Sunday afternoon. Liam spent time with both sets of grandparents over those 4 days and came home on Monday afternoon. He was able to come and visit us in the hospital and hold Brendan for the first time. I think he was excited, but he looked so scared. It may have been the setting along with this big change and not really knowing what to do. Plus, he is always worried about me and seeing me hooked up to an I.V. and not really getting around probably worried him. I really had a hard time not seeing him for those 4 days. Liam is in love with his brother though! He wants to hold him all the time. We have had our moments, and today has definitely been a struggle, but there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel. It's got to be hard to not be the only one getting attention anymore, I'm sure I went through the same things when my sister was born as well. We took Brendan for his well baby check up yesterday and he is doing well. He's gained a few of the ounces back that he lost in the hospital and has a small case of jaundice, but we are working on getting that fixed :) We are so thankful for this wonderful gift that God has given to us! He is such a blessing.












No comments: