Thursday, April 23, 2009

Where Did He Learn That?????

So, yesterday when I went to pick up Liam from day care I could hear Grandma Rosie telling Liam to stop throwing toys, that he could hurt someone. So when I walked in, she proceeded to tell me about how he hit another boy today. He has been playing with the same kids for almost 5 months now, and there are two boys that are close in age to him and they are like the 3 Musketeers. Well, I guess he took a toy, a pretty large one, and was hitting one of the boys on the head with it. The other kid was screaming and Grandma Rosie ran in and saw Liam hitting him on the head. Needless to say, that was Liam's first time out. I am not sure where he learned this from, or if it is just part of growing older. After we got home yesterday he was mad about something, not even sure why he was so upset, and when I picked him up he got mad at me, and grabbed the back of my hair and yanked. I hope my child is not the only one that is having these outbursts. But it is just sad when the babysitter says, "he is my best kid, but today he was really bad." It just makes me wonder where he has learned this, or if it is just part of their nature.

2 comments:

The DeYoungs said...

I think it is all part of their nature, they are little sinner just like us, but they don't have the understanding of Jesus, all they know is what they want, when they want it.

Cowen Family said...

I agree with Leslie and the fact that it is part of the age...They have a me-centered attitude and do not understand that their actions affect others at this point. In regards to how he treated you, you are not alone in these moments. The important things is just consistent discipline. He needs to know that he does not treat his mommy that way. It is never cute and never to be just passed off. I have had moments with Matthew. I have learned all this from reading from experts and my own lessons. You are doing a great job! Never ever easy! Keep it up!