Friday, April 24, 2009

By Request

Hannah has requested that I post the recipe that I had talked about in my previous post, so here it is.

I am not sure where my mom got the recipe from, but she has been making it for as long as I can remember, and we love it. Even Deron loves it. It's great for the kids because it gets them to eat their peas!

Skillet Noodles & Peas
-----------------------
3 Tbsp. oil
1/4 C. margarine
8 oz. package fine noodles
1/2 C. chopped onion
1 C. evaporated milk
1 pkg. frozen pea (I do the peas & carrots mix too)
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 C. Seasoned broth (we use vegetable broth)
1 garlic clove, chopped

In a large skillet heat oil & margarine. Add noodles, onion & garlic. Cook over medium heat stirring until noodles are golden. Add broth, evaporated milk and peas. Cook covered, stirring occasionally until noodles are tender.

That's it! It's a pretty simple recipe, and it's really good.

Here are the noodles that we use in the dish, that I have been able to find at Cost Plus World Market

2 comments:

Cowen Family said...

I am a fan of peas, as many are not. I will have to try it out! Thank you for posting. I had a few Mommy Alone Minutes and went to Cost Plus last night. They sold out of the toy:( SO sad. Matthew will be having surgery and I thought it would be fun to have a few new things for him to TRY and distract him...oh well. Thanks for posting!

Lisa said...

Is this the dish Mom used to make?