Friday, August 15, 2008

And the Vacation Starts Now!

Yeah! The day is over! After a late shift at work today, I am officially on vacation until the 23rd. And it is a much needed vacation. Especially after this very strange week. Where do I begin... My parents dog had a seizure on Monday, so my Mom took her to the vet, and they couldn't find anything wrong with her. They just got her a few weeks ago, and she was an abandoned dog, so they don't really know much about her. But she seems to be doing well, and nothing has shown in any of her tests why she would have had a seizure. Then, on Wednesday I got a call from my Mom saying that my Dad was in the hospital and that something may be going on with his heart. Of course, I get off the phone and just started crying. Bad thing was, I was sitting in the front office at work where all the customers and associates could see me. So I had to close the door for a few minutes so I could compose myself. My Dad stayed in the hospital until today. They are not really sure what is happening with him, but they sent him home with a heart monitor. Also on Wednesday, my nephew Aidan went to the ER as well. I guess somehow the dogs collar got stuck on the chair that he was sitting on and when the dog moved, the chair went to, causing Aidan to fall out and he hit his chin on something. He had to get it stitched back together, and he was such a trooper. He was laughing and flirting with the nurses and didn't even cry when they were working on him. What a big boy.
I am ready for some time off. After that really long and wonderful maternity leave, it has seemed like forever since I have been on a vacation. My sister Lisa and her husband Matt flew in from Georgia yesterday and will be staying here until Wednesday. It's so nice to see them. We are all going to go out to eat tomorrow for my birthday at Ruby Tuesdays. One just opened up out here in San Bernardino and I have been wanting to try it!I hope that this coming week is a much better and more relaxed week. I am really looking forward to spending some quality time with the family.

No comments: