Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Two's

This is such a tough age, and I never really understood the meaning of the Terrible Two's until we got to this stage in Liam's life. Deron and I both feel like we are at a loss for what to do sometimes. We feel like we just can't get it right. Liam is a fantastic kid, and we love him with all our hearts. But, he has just been so emotional, and demanding and down right mean sometimes. Time outs are a constant thing in this house it seems. He has to do EVERYTHING himself and will through a tantrum if he doesn't get to. When he doesn't want Deron around, he says "you go!" and hits him. "NO!" is his favorite word. He hates sitting in the cart when we go to the store, and will scream and yell until he gets his way. And I think the main thing is that he has started talking back and not listening. Yesterday Deron told Liam that he would go in time out if he didn't stop doing something he was doing, and Liam turned around and said, "no, you go in time out!" I know that this is all about being two years old, but it is hard. I think the thing that is the hardest is how he is with Deron. He can be really mean to him and sometimes wants nothing to do with him. I can see how it is breaking Deron's heart and I have to keep reassuring him that it will be okay and that it is just a stage. But it isn't really helping their bond. Liam does spend more time with me because I do have a set work schedule, whereas Deron's schedule is all over the place. I am just at a loss for how to make their relationship better. I am very eager for this stage in our lives to be over..... too bad Liam just turned 2!

No comments: