Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Fresh Idea

At work on Wednesday I noticed a new product coming out to the floor. It was garden kits for kids from Sesame Street. The come with a bag that includes a rake, shovel and trowel, pots, pellets and seeds. It was too cute to pass up, plus I knew Liam would get a kick out of it. I picked up the Oscar the Grouch bag which makes green beans and when we got home, Liam was so happy to see it. He has been playing with it everyday. Today we were finally able to plant our seeds. I have never done the pellet experience before and it was quite different. So we planted 6 pots of green beans in hopes that they will grow to be delicious beans for dinner. Maybe Liam might even eat them since he grew them :)















For those of you who are interested in these, they have more characters! Big Bird grows sunflowers. Bert & Ernie grown bell peppers. Cookie Monster grows watermelon. Elmo grows tomatoes. And Abby Kadaby grows flowers, I believe.

2 comments:

krista said...

This is SO cute! Hope you get lots and lots of green beans :)

Lisa said...

That is such a cute idea! He looks so proud of them. I hope it turns out well for him.