Thursday, December 10, 2009

changes

We have had to make many decisions over the last year, and the one that was the hardest to make was for me to not pursue the career that I went to college for 9 years to do, which is teaching. With the economy in the state it is, teaching really is not an option for me. It breaks my heart, because I feel that teaching is where my heart really does lie. It is something that I have wanted to do since I was in elementary school. So, for now we have decided to go a different route. I was given an opportunity to go into a training program with Lowe's to become a Human Resources Manager right after Liam was born, unfortunately, I did not pass the tests to get into the program, and you have to wait a whole year to re-take the tests. So about a month ago, I re-took my tests, and I passed. Yesterday I had the interview with our Area Human Resources Manager, and it was the most stressful interview that I have ever had. I was a nervous wreck all day long. After all, it has been about 6 years since I have even had an interview, and that was still at Lowe's. I think the main reason I was nervous was because I had to sell myself, and I am not a very confident person. In the end, the interview seems to have gone pretty well. I don't find out until Friday if I get to go into this training program, but the good thing is, is that even if I don't get it right now, I can still get into the program later on in 2010. I really think that this is a great avenue for our family. Not only does it provide us with some extra income, but it also somewhat fulfills my desire to teach. While my students will not be 12 our younger, it is still teaching and mentoring. We have been praying consistently about this decision and things seem to be falling into place. We are not really sure where things are going to go from here, but we know God is in control and he will take us where we need to go.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Christy,
Congrats for passing the test :D I have my fingers crossed for you on the promotion. I'm sure you'll still get to apply your knowledge from school to the work that you do.