Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Last 48 Hours

Sunday

5:45am- Liam wakes up with a cough and a runny nose. We get ready, go to church, and my parents take Liam for the afternoon so I could host a babyshower.

4:30pm- My mom calls and says that Liam has a temp. of 100.4, she gave him tylenol.

9pm- went to sleep. Liam was really restless and sweaty. More tylenol, and he slept with mom.

2am- Liam has a fever of 102.3 and is crying, nose is running, coughing and all he wants to do is lay on mom because she's cooler than him. He doesn't want anything! I realize that I am going to have to stay home from work. I also remembered that my cell phone isn't working, and I gave my business card for my babysitter away earlier that day!!! Got on facebook to email the person I gave it to, and to whitepages.com to find my babysitters phone number. Got the numbers. Went back to sleep.

530am- got up to call off

645am- got up to call babysitter

7am- Liam woke up, just miserable.

10-1130 Liam slept

12-2- went to Sprint to get a new phone and to the store to get milk.

3pm- Liam falls asleep

345pm- Liam wakes up with a temp. of 103.2, call the doctor

345pm-530pm Liam slept

820pm- check in at Kaiser urget care

915pm- nurse checks Liam's vitals and sends us back to the waiting room

925pm- called back into the doctors office

1005pm- doctor comes in, we had both fallen asleep while waiting

1030pm- left Kaiser

What a day! I am glad it's over. It was quite long. Needless to say, Liam was sick. He has a virus that should only last 48 hours. Found out I wasn't giving him enough Tylenol, which made a huge difference when I did give him the right amount. My poor little guy was so miserable yesterday. I'm glad he is getting back to normal.

1 comment:

The DeYoungs said...

Wow! sounds like you have had a busy and stressful few days. Glad things are starting to calm down. Hope your little guy is feeling better