Sunday, February 22, 2009

Zucchini Pancakes

We found something green that Liam likes to eat. This recipe has been passed down and is something my mom used to make for us. Liam loved them. He ate two of them, which actually quite a lot when they are cut up in Liam size. Here is the recipe. They are great as a light dinner, or in addition to your dinner.



Zucchini Pancakes:
---------------------
2 C. shredded zucchini
1/2 C. Bisquick
1/2 C. shredded cheese (I use cheddar or jack)
1 or 2 eggs
onion to suit
*I also add a little garlic powder

Mix together and fry like pancakes in a little oil

That's all there is to them. Try them out and tell me what you think!

1 comment:

Cowen Family said...

I am really excited to try these! Thanks for posting the recipe! We love zucchini, especially sauteed with shredded carrots and a few pieces of red onion for flavor. (None of us like to actually eat the onion...I know but we have tried it without and it really adds that extra flavor!) Add a little pepper and dried(or fresh if you have it) rosemary. Better than a fine dining restaurant!