Saturday, February 16, 2008

Battle of the Baby Weight!

Pregnancy really can do a number on a women's body. And I never really realized it until I got pregnant. During my pregnancy I was very conscious of what I was eating, and I tried really hard to eat healthy. But towards the end, I gained a lot of water weight. When I went to my last doctor's visit on Jan.16 (the day I was admitted to the hospital), I weighed 231 lbs. My starting weight was 183 lbs. Over the last 4 weeks I have been beating myself up because I have felt that it is going to take me forever to loose the weight that I had gained. So, lastnight I went out and bought a scale, something I never wanted to do. I don't like having scales in the house because it makes me obsessed with my weight. But I thought, hey, I need motivation and maybe realizing that I have lost some weight will help me loose more. Well, I weighed myself this morning, and I weighed 189 lbs! I was totally blown over! How could I have lost 42 lbs in the last 4 weeks? And it doesn't even look like I have lost that much. I still have more weight to loose, but it was definatly a shock to see that I am so close to my starting weight. Now, if only I could get those stretch marks to disappear!

No comments: