Sunday, May 22, 2011

1st Week of Preschool - Complete!

Liam started preschool this past Thursday, and he is having a blast. I will admit that when I dropped him off on Thursday, I spent the rest of the day worrying and hoping that he was going to have a good day, and wouldn't tell me he never wanted to go back when I picked him up. All my worries were gone when I went to get him and the director told me that he acted as if he's always been going to school there. He ate all his food, took his nap, played well with the kids, listened to the teachers and even helped clean up! The cleaning up part baffled me because we cannot even get him to do that at home! The whole way home all he did was talk about school. He really had the best time. On Friday when I dropped him off, he sorta freaked out and started crying. But he was fine by the time I got to the car and did great once more kids started getting there. He gets reports sent home each day and everything has been positive. He even seems to favor one kid, Wilbur, since that is who his teachers says he's been playing with each day. It makes my heart smile to see my little boy enjoy something so much, and since that something is school, it makes me even happier. Hopefully he will always love school :)

Here is his first project: a caterpillar, from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar
When I picked Liam up on Friday and we were going to get his stuff, he said to me, "Mom, did you know that caterpillars turn into butterflies? They are hungry, then they turn into butterflies!"

No comments: